Iyanya’s Net Worth looks really incredible and keeps fans skeptical considering his biography and how he rose to prominence. He is one of the successful Nigerian reality TV show personalities of the past decade.
In 2008, the Afropop singer began his exploit as the winner of the first season Project Fame West Africa and went on to release some hit songs and albums. This has increased Iyanya’s wealth to an impressive figure.
According to Forbes magazine, the estimated net worth of Iyanya is $5 Million and one of the wealthiest artists in Nigeria. So Let see how he made this huge fortune by taking a look at his bio, age, music career, awards, endorsement deals, house, and more you may need to know.
Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk who is popularly known as Iyanya is a Nigerian Afropop musician and was born on 31 October 1986 in Calabar, Cross River State.
Iyanya was raised in a Christian family while his grandfather was a clergyman who he sang as a member of his church choir.
Although, the singer lost both parents in 2008 and later his elder brother that same period.
Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk is a graduate from the University of Calabar and worked in a hotel where he began his music trade and sang Karaoke at a local bar he managed.
He has gone on to make name for himself with top-notch performances and earned awards.
Iyanya’s Music Career
Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk began his career very early performed at various campus shows at the University of Calabar. After graduation, he worked with a hostel and was in charge of a local bar where he sang Karaoke.
Iyanya continued his trade while he cited R. Kelly as his role model and also got inspired by 2baba.
Upon the arrival of 2008, he was advised by KC presh to participate in the first season of Project Fame West Africa which he eventually emerged the winner.
The 2008 MTN sponsored project fame competition was the beginning of a new done and the birth of a new dance music sensation.
Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk premiered his debut studio album in 2009 under the stewardship of CN Media Imprint.
The album displayed Iyanya’s versatility as an R&B artist. Although the album was best to describe as a commercial failure due to poor distribution and promotion.
The Calabar born singer wasn’t deterred, but continued with more effort and went on to released Desire album 2012/13 with a notable hit track “Kukere”. The song gained global recognition and followed “Ur Waist” which features vocals from Emma Nyra.
Awards and Nominations
Here are some of his notable awards and nomination brought him by his versatility
- 2014, Musician of the Year (Male) – City People Entertainment Awards (Nominated)
- 2014, Best Male West Africa and Best Dance – African Muzik Magazine Awards (Nominated)
- 2013, Best R&B/Pop Album, Album of the Year, Best Pop Single, Song of the Year and Best Height Life Video Awards, NMVA (Nominated)
- 2013, Best High Life Video and Best Use of the Choreography – Nigerian Music Video Awards, NMVA (Winner)
- 2012, Best Contemporary Afro Live Beasts Choice – Nigeria Music Video Awards, NMVA (Winner)
- 2012; The Headies Best Pop Single (Winner)
- 2012; Song of the Year and Musician of the Year (Nominated)
Iyanya’s Songs & Albums
- My Story (Album, 2009)
- Desire (Album, 2013)
- Applaudise (Album, 2015)
- Iyanya (Single, 2010)
- Kukere (Single, 2011)
- Ur Waist (Single, 2012)
- Sexy Mama (Single, 2013)
- Head Well (Single, 2013)
- Story Story (Single, 2014)
- Mr Oreo (Single, 2014)
Iyanya’s Net Worth and Endorsement Deals
Iyanya’s performance has earned him promising deals which are listed below.
- 16 October 2013, he became an ambassador for Solo Phones Nigeria which reportedly worth $220,000 and later got a 2014 Toyota Prado.
- Signed a one-year deal with Zinox Computers, Nigeria’s first certified branded computers, and featured on billboards and television adverts worth $300,000.
The estimated net worth of Iyanya is $4.5 Million making him one of the richest artists in Nigeria. While its equivalent value is 1.6 billion in Naira as of April 2020.
This figure is calculated through money charge per show, endorsement deals, music sales distribution, house, and cars own by him.
You may also like to read Mayorkun’s bio.