DJ Cuppy is a sensational disc jockey and a daughter to Nigerian business tycoon and wealthy Oil billionaire, Femi Otedola.
Despite being from a wealthy background, she has gone all to make a beautiful career for herself and making fortune. According to a reliable source, DJ Cuppy’s net worth is estimated at $1.7 million and one of the most influential and richest Disc Jockey in Africa.
Let take a relative view at DJ Cuppy’s biography, lifestyle, age, relationship, father and more you may need to know about her.
DJ Cuppy Biography
Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola who is globally known as DJ Cuppy is a Nigerian disc jockey and producer. She was born into the family of Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola on 11 November 1992 in Lagos, Nigeria and She is 28 years of age.
Florence Ifeoluwa attained primary education in Lagos before relocating with her family to the United Kingdom where she enrolled for GSCEs and A’ levels. Cuppy then proceeded to Kings College London to obtain a degree in Business and Economics in 2014.
While DJ Cuppy was in college, she became known for her Disc Jockey skills and had opportunities to display at clubs and events in the U.K.
Although, the billionaire’s daughter began her career as a hobby but later on, she enrolled to study Music Business in New York, USA. She then had a chance to experience how the international music industry works during her time at Jaz-Z’s Roc Nation headquarters.
Florence Ifeoluwa who portrays likeness for cupcakes streamed out the name Cuppy for herself and named her record label Red Velvet music group after favorite red velvet.
DJ Cuppy Career
Cuppy who has set her goals on a high became the resident disc jockey at the MTV Africa Music Awards in Durban. Her remarkable playing in Durban gave her the chance to impress at Tatler and Christie’s Art Ball in London including at the Financial Times Luxury Summit held in Mexico City.
Cuppy went on to perform at high profile ceremony which includes Uncommon Sense with Charlemagne on MTV 2 and at President Muhammadu Buhari’s inauguration in 2015 where she was the ceremony’s anchor Disc Jockey.
Dj Cuppy launched her mixtape “Titled House of Cuppy” in 2014 which stared performances from Afrobeat songs and house type music. The project featured singers like Tiwa Savage, Kcee, Wizkid, and more.
Dj Cuppy made the Forbes’s 30 under 30 list 2020 at 27 as Founder and Director, Red Velvet Music Group.
Awards and Nominations
Dj Cuppy has earned numbers of Nomination and awards of various class which include the following;
- DJ Cuppy’s Awards and Nominations
- Nominated as Female DJ at the ELOY Awards in 2014
- DJ Cuppy won the Best Female DJ at the NEA Awards in 2015
- Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2016
- DJ Cuppy was named Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2017
- Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2018.
DJ Cuppy Endorsement Deals
- DJ Cuppy was appointed by Nigeria’s Minister of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation as the tourism ambassador for the country’s “Fascinating Nigeria” campaign in April 2014
- She was endorsed as one of Pepsi’s DJ ambassadors, on the 20th of March 2018
- DJ Cuppy became the Global Citizen Education Ambassador on the 5th of June 2018
- Cuppy became Samsung’s ambassador in 2019
- On the 11th of March 2019, DJ Cuppy announced her partnership with Maybelline as an ‘IT GIRL’
- Tiger beer endorsed her as its ambassador on the 12th of June 2019
- She is an ambassador of Save Children UK.
DJ Cuppy is from a wealthy background whom grandparent is ex-governor of Lagos State, Sir Michael Otedola. While her father is a popular business, entrepreneur, and former chairman of Forte Oil.
Nana Otedola is the mother of DJ Cuppy and the Managing Director of Germent Care.
DJ Cuppy isn’t yet married, although she has been in several relationships including dating former Nigerian soccer star Victor Anichebe who now plies his trade at Beijing Enterprises in China. It was confirmed by a news outlet of her current date, Asa Asika.
DJ Cuppy Net Worth
She looked beyond her wealthy family and make hails for herself including awards and endorsement deals.
DJ Cuppy is one of the most influential in African and richest female DJ in Nigeria with a net worth of $1.7 Million. She also owns a few modern series of exotic cars of various brands.